» BJP as an alternative to INC

    15

BJP as an alternative to INC i.indiaopines.com/abhishekkumarpreetam/bjp-as-an-alternative-to-inc/

I was too young (3 years old) to understand the ramifications of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) act of 1992 and how it changed the social fabric of India. This may be one reason why by 1997-98 I was a big fan of this party, it’s ideology and it’s pro-hindu stance. Yes I was not too old to properly comprehend it even then but we, in Bihar, does have more political and social conscience from very early age.
So I can understand those who are fan-boys of Narendra Modi (of whatever age), whose political conscience is new found, thus either not able to understand what happened in 2002 under his watch or it’s implication on our society.
But the similarity ends there… the BJP of 96 to 2004 or even later till Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Lal Krishna Advani were in command, was a completely different party. It was a much independent party compared to the Jan Sangh days of being remote controlled by Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh : RSS. Yes it depended on RSS but it’s social agenda of governance does not flow from RSS, neither was it remote controlled. Governance was owned by Atal ji and advised by Brajesh Mishra much to the chagrin of RSS. From being a extreme right party, Atal and Advani made BJP more of centre-right party with inclusive agenda and put aside all controversial issues. The pair of Atal & Advani further believed in empowerment and sharing power, thus leaders like Syed Shahnawaz Hussain was given prominence. Nitish Kumar was promoted in Bihar (even at the cost of BJP), Babulal Marandi in Jharkhand and BJP happily played second fiddle to Shiv Sena in Maharashtra, Naveen pattnaik in Odisha, etc. It was the era of inclusiveness and progress, so a Pradhanmantri Gram Sadak Yojna was for infrastructure development and at the same time Advani convinced Late Bal Thackeray to avoid anti-north indian rants, and so Shiv Sena spread to Bihar, UP, Delhi, etc. Thus, BJP (though had sins of ’92 and influence of RSS with it’s divious agenda of hate) was an able alternative to Indian National Congress.
But under Modi, the fan-boys should see that while he is on a personal campaign which may appeal to some of us but the social aspect of governance is completely dominated by RSS. There is no argument that we need credible and stable alternative to Congress but RSS can’t be that option. Just because we need that alternative, and there is none to fall back upon, and the deeds of Gujarat have only affected 20% of the population so most of us are not ‘that’ uncomfortable with Modi, and Modi’s antics have appealed to some of us who think it is ‘cool’, we must not take our eyes away from the agenda of RSS which will do us irrepairable damage. To safeguard our alternative, let us not start justifying RSS, for it will come back to haunt us. RSS agenda is not just harmful for the minority 20% of the population, but also the liberals who forms the majority of the remaining 80% of us. We may chose to live in oblivion but it will have grave ramifications.
BJP under Modi, and with social agenda being driven by RSS, just can’t be the alternative to Congress. It is a doom’s day invitation.

ओ री दुनिया
राष्ट्रवाद या संघवाद (राष्ट्रीय स्वयंसेवक संघवाद)
Start a discussion.

Rating, Social Media Sharing & Commenting Helps Build Our Community